SPS IPC Drives 2017
Flexible infrastructure for the digital transformation
These topics were presented on several modules:
- Intelligent manual workstation
- TSN demonstrator
- Mobile transport system
- Touch table & VR glasses
The exhibited technologies attracted many visitors. Especially the objective as a manufacturer-independent demonstration and research platform aroused interest amongst new visitors. Visitors interested in the digitalization in SMEs were also keen on getting to know the Mittelstand 4.0-Kompetenzzentrum Kaiserslautern. Many good discussions with SmartFactoryKL partners also took place.
SPS IPC Drives is Europe’s leading exhibition for electric automation technology and takes places in Nuremberg, Germany. The 2017 exhibition saw a new record with 1,675 exhibitors and more than 70,000 visitors.
Hannover Messe 2017
Hannover Messe 2017: The advanced production plant of the SmartFactoryKL partner network in a new layout
Flexibility, modularity and networks are important aspects in the light of Industrie 4.0. The SmartFactoryKL partner network is focusing on the following topics at Hannover Messe this year:
- Cross-site production: For the first time, the modules are no longer set up in one line but distributed over three production cells. A flexible, autonomous guided vehicle connects the three cells.
- Dynamic safety concept: realized on the basis of an industrial Ethernet-based communication protocol. This new feature allows for an emergency stop function to be implemented flexibly for the first time at the individual production cells, eliminating the need to parameterize the entire system.
- Smart manual workstation: offer improved operator-assistance or make a more flexible interaction between humans and machines possible, thanks to an easy-to-use user interface.
- Improved data exploitation thanks to the further development of IT/OT systems: Now data can be displayed, integrated, transported, and recorded much more easily. Highlights include an IO module, operational data publication via MQTT, two dashboards, and a web-based product configurator.
Partners in the SmartFactoryKL Industrie 4.0 production plant network are:
Belden/Hirschmann, Bosch Rexroth, Cisco, EPLAN Software & Service, Festo, HARTING, IBM, iTAC, LAPP KABEL, METTLER TOLEDO, MiniTec, PHOENIX CONTACT, Pilz, proALPHA, TE Connectivity, TÜV SÜD, Weidmüller and Wibu-Systems.
SPS IPC Drives 2016
Successfully transferring Industrie 4.0 into reality
“In developing agile factory systems and human-machine-interaction, we see a great opportunity for the successful transfer of our Industrie 4.0 technologies into producing companies”, said Prof. Dr.-Ing. Detlef Zühlke, Chairman of the Board of SmartFactoryKL.
Booth highlights in 2016 were demonstrations of the topics of scalable automation, knowledge transfer on the shop floor as well as complex networking in production.