- A funded project by the Rhineland-Palatinate’s Ministry of Economic Affairs, Transport, Agriculture and Viticulture (MWVLW)
- SmartFactoryKL is brand ambassador for Industrie 4.0
Manufacturing companies benefit from the fact that Industrie 4.0 is a model research priority in Rhineland-Palatinate. “We have been working for years on this topic in Kaiserslautern and we developed shared production to represent the production world of the future,” said Prof. Martin Ruskowski, CEO of SmartFactoryKL. He added, “This involves the use of key enabling technologies like digital twins, 5G, artificial intelligence, and operational safety intelligence.” Petra Dick-Walther, a state secretary in Rhineland-Palatinate’s Ministry of Economic Affairs, supports the continued development of Industrie 4.0 and has awarded funding for the Transfer4Production project in the amount of 430,000 euros. “SMEs characterize the strong manufacturing sector in the state of Rhineland-Palatinate. Manufacturing accounts for nearly 30 percent of the state’s value creation and it is so very important for companies to have systematic access to innovative technologies so they can remain competitive in the future. SmartFactory Kaiserslautern would like the Transfer4Production project to offer companies a networking platform where they can retrieve information and plan their specific implementation process with partners throughout the state,” said State Secretary Petra Dick-Walther.
- Lead Manager: SmartFactoryKL
- Funded budget: 430,000 euros
- Project term: 01.01.2023 – 31.12.2024
- The Ministry of Economic Affairs, Transport, Agriculture, and Viticulture (MWVLW) of Rhineland-Palatinate provides 100% of the funding